The following list should help you to avoid unnecessary mistakes when heating with your fireplace:
- Never use damp wood!
- Do not use normal coal or grill lighter! At best, get peat lighters from Germany. Newspaper does the same service.
- Waste and building waste have no business being in the fireplace! As well as chipboard or plywood, wood with paint and varnish residues, oils, linseed oils, waxed paper (magazines), and cardboard.
- Check the position of the flaps before lighting the fire!
- No fast heating of the cold fireplace!
- Do not close the fire door or the throttle while flames are still visible!
- Have the stove and chimney cleaned at least every three years.
- If you have any uncertainties, do not hesitate to ask me!